Thursday, February 28, 2013

Upcoming Travel Plans


These two months after our New Years trip have found me lazy and lethargic, hibernating from the coldest, snowiest, darkest days of winter under my kotatsu. So, to raise my spirits, I am going to talk about my upcoming travel plans.

This weekend, my husband and I will visit Niseko ski resort for the HAJET winter meeting. There is ample time to enjoy the slopes, so we are excited to rent some gear and hit the powder. Literally, we're going to hit it with our bodies when we fall down because we aren't great skiers. We've each been skiing twice, but the only thing I remember is "pizza" and I'm not quite sure what it does. Bunny hills, here we come! Almost all kids in Hokkaido own skis and there is a skiing unit in gym class. When my students ask me, "Can you ski?" I always say, "A little!" but I think I should just say, "No."

Mid-March my parents-in-law are visiting. We will give them the grand tour of our town, spend one night in Hakodate, one at the Noboribetsu Hot Spring Resort, one night in Otaru, and two nights in Sapporo. I can't wait to share my Japan experience with family!

And while May seems a world away, I am looking forward to our Golden Week trip to the tropical paradise of Okinawa. I have already booked our plane tickets (great deals with Peach), our beach house, and hostel book-ending our stay. We hope to snorkel, try some Okinawa food, and relax on the beach. 

I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment