Sunday, September 16, 2012

good things come to those who wander with purpose

Why haven't I blogged in so long, you wonder? Well, I have been working long days and exploring in my free time!

My husband and I went to explore the random trail we found, and alas, we did not see a bear. But doesn't this look like a cave where one would live!? After all the research we did about encountering a bear, we were on high alert the whole time and neither of us was brave enough to explore the cave. We reminisced about the good ol' days of youth when we would have charged ahead, courageous and ignorant.

We found these cool shrines and statues, and wondered about the etiquette of visiting a shrine. No one was around, but the door was open. I must do some research. Could we have entered, meditated, left an offering? I have never experienced a shrine, so I don't know!


 And the view from the top:

One benefit of having a car in Japan is that you can take random weekend adventures driving around aimlessly! We drove to an observatory tower at the top of the tallest hill in Yakumo. Japan has gorgeous views in abundance.:




Tom and I set a date to return at the beginning of October when the leaves change, bring a picnic dinner and some wine, watch the sun set, and view the stars from the observatory. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment