Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yakumo-cho Day 1

I am posting shortly on my lunch break about the trip to Yakumo and my experience so far. I do not have my camera and am unable to upload pictures, but I will post more later, whenever I get internet. (edited, now that I have internet)

We took a shuttle from the hotel to Haneda Airport, and the flight from Haneda Airport to New Chitose Airport took a couple of hours. We passed through check-in and security quickly, and it was no time before meeting my supervisor and the English circle organizer at the airport. The JETs walked into a large room full of supervisors, they called our names, and then we finally met! I was so nervous (and hot in the airport in my suit!), but we went for lunch at the food court, and ate some curry rice. (Welcome to Hokkaido sign below)


They had so many questions about me, my family, and America, and their English is so good! We drove back to Yakumo which took a few hours, stopped at my apartment to get the gas turned on, went shopping, out to a restaurant with the two others, and finally I was able to rest after many 12+ hour days of trainings, flights, etc. I will post pictures of my apartment later. I rearranged furniture and watched olympics on TV.

This morning, my supervisor picked me up for work and I received my offical contract from the superintendent, then meeting each person in each department in Yakumo town and the surrounding areas. My omiyage for the staff included whiskey from Minnesota and saltwater taffy, and I hope they liked it! It seemed pretty well-recieved, since my supervisor is very fond of alcohol. :)

Here are some photos from my trip to Haneda in Tokyo:


No comments:

Post a Comment